Monday, August 17, 2015

Apartment

It has to be said, I've really lucked out with my apartment. It's beautiful!


bedroom entrance
living room entrance looking onto the farm
My favorite location is the balcony. It's quite large for a german balcony and has two entrances one from the bedroom and the other from living room. Every morning, I open the doors onto the balcony, and depending on the weather, sit on it and enjoy my coffee. It's especially nice to sit outside at night and watch the sunset. In this part of Germany that means you can be outside in the summer until around 9 pm. It's so peaceful and relaxing.


taken from the hallway in the living room
The rest of the apartment still feels very big. I don't have much in the way of furniture. I was so incredibly lucky that I know individuals who were able to place some items in the apartment before I moved in. Hence there being an outdoor seating set with an umbrella in the living room. Since this picture, the umbrella has been relocated outside. I've also placed a few plants on my deck, maybe next summer I'll turn into more of a gardener.


Slowly my apartment is filling up with furniture. Yesterday I got a chest from family members to use for my assorted materials. When I was first told about it they said it was green. Which prompted me to ask where is it green? Placed in the light you can see it's more of a mint green. I'm glad I got it because it is now holding a lot of my stuff.  I spend a good amount of time yesterday cleaning it and organizing all my materials, which makes me feel so much better.


Early this morning I got my sleeper sofa and I have to admit I am so glad I paid to have it assembled. The two men who were here took about 45 minutes to put all the pieces together whereas I would have spent 3 hours putting it together and would have probably given up at least 4 times in the process. I love having somewhere to sit and put my legs up! Especially since I spent so much of today walking around. I went black so I can jazz it up with some pillows and an eventually a carpet. As you can see I have the longer part sticking out. I intentionally had it mounted that way so I can lie on it and watch the tv (whenever I actually get a tv) and so it will act as a divider between the living room and the dinning room area. As they say in Property Brothers and all those other HGTV shows I love to watch, it's important to have clearly identified spaces.




No comments:

Post a Comment