Thursday, October 29, 2015

Workin' on my fitness

I decided to join a gym.

I've been a member of a gym in the past, and thought this might be a way to meet more people and to exercise consistently and continually, something that on my own I'm not successful at.

The gym I found is close enough that I can walk there if I choose. So far I've taken the bus to get there. It's a small gym but it's 24 hours, has a exercise room just for women and also has classes 6 days a week, all which made it very appealing for me.

 The first day there I decided to do the fitness test program on the treadmill. I thought this was really cool since I've never seen a fitness test program on other treadmills.  I've never done well on  fitness challenges. When we had the presidential mile in school I was always at the tail end of those finishing. In fact, I could never run a mile better than 10:42. Luckily my good genes have kept me thin, and my periodic exercising and running has also helped me. However, I already knew, pressing the fitness test program, that I would not get the best results.

For the ten minutes the program ran, the speed was periodically changed, but never accelerated enough for me to run, so that I could very easily keep my hands on the strips that recorded my heart rate. When the program was over I received my grade of sehr schlecht (very bad).  How appalling! Here I was, thinking I was decently in shape  for my age given what my diet is comprised of and the fact that I exercise every once in a while. Well jokes on me it would seem. Apparently by German standards I am no where near where I should be for my age. But the positive thing about receiving these rules is it proves to me I need to do more exercise. So good thing I joined the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment